Sea of Tomorrow Society
2024 Scholarship and Training Grant Application
THE BOARD OF TRUSTEES OF BENEATH THE SEA® AND ITS SUPPORTERS offer
a variety of scholarship and training grant opportunities for young people
interested in exploring and protecting the ocean environment.
Scholarship/Training Grant candidates should carefully review the criteria
for each scholarship or training grant posted at
Questions can be directed to [email protected].
Application deadline: January 31st, 2024 midnight Eastern Standard Time
2024 SCHOLARSHIP/TRAINING GRANT GUIDELINES
- Scholarships and Training Grants are only open to residents of the United States and its territories.
- Applicants may apply for only one scholarship or training grant each year and must be within the age range for the scholarship or training grant applied for at the time of the application submission.
- Applicants applying for a scuba certification training grant should be aware that they should have no medical contraindications to scuba diving.
- Two letters of recommendations are required from persons in your community, i.e., scuba instructors, teachers, employers, mentors, etc.
- The reference should send the recommendation as an email or attachment to an email to [email protected].
- The email subject line should state: Recommendation for (the applicant’s name).
- The recommendation must arrive by January 31st, 2024 midnight Eastern Standard Time or your application will be invalidated.
- Provide your references with a copy of the scholarship/training grant description and your completed application form to assist them in writing your recommendation.
- Give your references enough time to write a recommendation, and follow-up to ensure they have been submitted on or before the deadline.
- Once you submit your application form, you will be shown a confirmation that Beneath the Sea has received your application. Please direct your questions/inquiries to [email protected].
This application form is not to be used for the Jorge Beale Hyperbaric Medicine Training Grant. See the instructions for this grant included in the grant description at BeneaththeSea.us.